As your wedding day approaches now is the time to decide who will be helping you to get in to your dress? Most dresses fasten with either a zip covered by buttons or corset lacing. We have put together some tips for all those brides who have corset lacing to take the stress away on your big day.
- Give yourself plenty of time. We suggest at least 1/2 hour to lace up a dress, this gives you time to ensure it is as neat as possible for the photographs.
- Start at the top and feed the laces thorough the first two loops making sure the lengths of ribbon are even.
- Now start lacing downwards. Remembering it is just like lacing up a shoe.
- Try to keep the laces as flat as possible as you go. It is much easier to lace it neatly rather than trying to correct it afterwards.
- Once you are at the bottom now you can start pulling the corset in. Make sure the bride has positioned her bust in the correct place before you start.
- When you have finished pulling in tie the laces in a knot at the bottom and tuck in. You may need to go up the dress to pull them down.
- If you want to practise lacing up why not come along to one of the brides fittings and you can have a go before hand. We'll even give you 'Strictly Come Dancing' style scores out of ten!